“Hands Off and Blockage” Practice
The Nutter Group complies with long-held search industry standards pertaining to recruiting former placements and key employees of current clients.* Specific guidelines are listed below:
- The Nutter Group will not recruit individuals who are considered “placements” with a client. Should the candidate contact the Nutter Group and express interest in a specific position, the “placement” will be advised of the firm practice that a “placement” is “hands off” forever. If unique circumstances exist, such as changes in ownership, management reporting relationships or job responsibilities, the “placement” will be asked to obtain written permission from the client who then releases the Nutter Group from the “hands off” restriction.
- The Nutter Group will not intentionally recruit key employees from a current client. A current client is defined as a client who has concluded a search assignment with the Nutter Group and will remain a current client for one year past the conclusion of the search (hire date of placement).
- Should an employee of a current client contact the Nutter Group and express interest in a specific position, he/she will be advised of the firm’s “hands off” practice for current clients. If unique circumstances exist, the employee will be asked to obtain written permission from the client who then releases the Nutter Group from the “hands off” restriction.
- A client relationship exists with the organization that engages the Nutter Group for a search assignment. The “hands off” and “blockage” restrictions do not extend to system sponsors, corporate owners or affiliated organizations in locations other than the client’s immediate market.
- Every attempt is made to openly discuss with clients these practices and issues of concern pertaining to placements and employees of clients. The Nutter Group also honors the confidentiality concerns of individuals who may contact the firm, whether with a current client or not.
- The Nutter Group believes long-standing relationships with clients and candidates are better maintained when all parties understand these guidelines.
*The Nutter Group maintains its database and omits placements and employees from current clients to keep them from being contacted by phone, direct mail and/or email. When mail lists are rented, attempts are made to remove placements and employees of current clients before distribution. Some list providers distribute directly from their site or database and occasionally a placement or employee of a current client inadvertently receives an announcement of a career opportunity.